all the star trek related songs I know
- star trekkin’ – the firm
- where’s captain kirk? – spizzenergi
- mr. spock – nerf herder
y’all know anymore? these songs give me life tbh
These are some I know of!
- Warp 11 is a Star Trek only rock band
- Ode to Spot by The Doubleclicks
- Klingon Pop Warrior has amazing songs covered in Klingon
- Leonard Nimoy’s Star Trek Theme
- S.P.O.C.K is a synthpop band with some Star Trek songs
- DarkMateria made The Worf Song and The Picard Song
- The Captain Archer Song (in the same vein but by a different unknown artist)(I can’t find it on youtube so I uploaded it myself)
- Voltaire has some Trekkie songs
Some parodies that are fun too
Those are brilliant YO
heres one that i know of !!!
GNDN – Admiral Radley
Yeoman by Baths– I can’t find anything from the artist to confirm that it’s explicitly star trek related, but it’s about a couple dancing and falling in love on a starship
Klingon Pop Warrior murdered me and I am dead
Okay let’s see… here’s a handful of filk songs about Star Trek that come to mind
- Banned from Argo by Leslie Fish. This infamous comedy song WILL get stuck in your head and you’ll probably hate me for it. Depending on your taste in humor you’ll either find it really hilarious or hate it. There’s implied NSFW in a few verses. (I should note that no Star Trek character is named, but the song uses their ranks/jobs instead. However it mentions Klingons in the final verse, and anyway you know exactly who each verse refers to)
- He’s Dead Jim by Julia Ecklar. Another comedy song. Name describes content pretty well.
- Bones (either by Julia Ecklar or Leslie Fish but I’m not sure which. Some filker who’s better at keeping track about these things please tell me which one it is) – yet another comedy song, this time Bones complaining about all the bullshit he’s faced with every day as the CMO of the Enterprise. This one I like a lot, it gets Bones’ character very well I think.
- Farewell Mother Russia – I don’t know who wrote this, but it’s sort of Chekov POV “Space Travel is pretty fun”
- Demon in the Dark – again I don’t know who wrote this originally. I assume everyone can by the name guess what episode this is about?
- Vow of Vengeance by Julia Ecklar – This song is set somewhere between the TOS episode Space Seed and the movie Wrath of Khan, and it’s about Khan, well, swearing vengeance against Kirk
- For the Needs of the One by Julia Ecklar – Spock bidding farewell to Kirk in Wrath of Khan. (Warning: this song WILL make you cry)
- One Final Lesson by Julia Ecklar – Saavik mourning Spock after his death in Wrath of Khan
- Hero’s Song sort of sounds like it’s about Kirk? I mean it never mentions Kirk anywhere, technically, but it matches him very well, it’s filk song, and appears on several albums that contain a lot of Star Trek related filk, so I’d consider it safe to say that this song is meant to be about Kirk.
- Homecoming and The Light that Died by Julia Ecklar – these are, according to her, about Kirk returning to Enterprise in The Motion Picture, and her headcanons regarding Chekov post-TOS but before the movies, respectively. However it’s sort of hard to see the connection between those songs and Star Trek unless you know it’s there and know what it is. I think if you google her album “The Traveller” you should be able to find a PDF of a booklet containing her explanation of the creation of both those songs, as well as their lyrics?
@filkyeahfilk is there any Star Trek filk that comes to mind to you guys that I forgot to mention? I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting something and anyway, you know these things better than I, so tagging you in case you want to add to the list 🙂
I’m so glad you thought of us!
- Number One, by Ookla the Mok
- Tiberius Rising, by Ookla the Mok
- The Comforts of Home, by Bob Kanefsky (performed here by Ookla the Mok as it’s a parody of their song Home and their song Number One)
- Mutant Generations, by Bob Kanefsky (performed by Steve Macdonald)
- Mineral Rights, by Bob Kanefsky (performed by Leslie Fish; parody of the above-mentioned Devil In The Dark)
- Mr. W., by Ookla the Mok
- Spot the Cat, by Ookla the Mok
- Time Plot, by Tom Smith
- Gowron Said Knock You Out, by The Great Luke Ski
- Tribbles, by Debs & Errol
- Yeoman on the Bridge, an entire album of Star Trek songs by Leslie Hudson
Check out our Star Trek tag for more! And of course, followers and mutuals, please add more if you’ve got some.