R.I.P. Christopher Lee.
We will always remember you and your work. As a tribute, I’m sharing this song he performed with the Tolkien Ensemble, singing as Treebeard.
“In the willow-meads of Tasarinan I walked in the Spring.
Ah ! the sight and the smell of the Spring in Nan-tasarion !
And I said that was good.
I wandered in Summer in the elm-woods of Ossiriand.
Ah ! the light and the music in the Summer by the Seven Rivers of Ossir !
And I thought that was best.
To the beeches of Neldoreth I came in the Autumn.
Ah ! the gold and the red and the sighing of leaves in the Autumn in Taur-na-neldor!
It was more than my desire.
To the pine-trees upon the highland of Dorthonion I climbed in the Winter.
Ah ! the wind and the whiteness and the black branches of Winter upon Orod-na-Thön !
My voice went up and sang in the sky.
And now all those lands lie under the wave,
And I walk in Ambaróna, in Tauremorna, in Aldalómë,
In my own land, in the country of Fangorn,
Where the roots are long,
And the years lie thicker than the leaves
~ J.R.R. Tolkien
A setting of the song Frodo sings in memory of Gandalf in Lothlorian, with Sam’s added verse.
“Baby It’s Cold Outside (as performed by Gollum and Smeagol),” by Matthew Drahozal.
It’s exactly what it says on the tin, and you won’t regret it.
Ingrid Windsland’s fantastic parody of “The Rocky Road to Dublin”
Tons of you have been helping build up the Masterlist of Songs Inspired by Tolkien – thank you so much to everyone who’s sent in links to new songs! I’ve still got lots more to add (including all of The Tolkien Ensemble, yikes), but here’s the songs that were recently added:
- Where the Shadows Lie (Battlelore)
- “Eowyn’s Song“ (Cletus Kennaly & Lori Kelly)
- “Evenstar” (Destiny Cross)
- “May it Be“ (Destiny Cross)
- “Pippin’s Song – All Shall Fade – Edge of Night” (Destiny Cross)
- “Oakenshield” (Elvenking)
- The Children of Hurin Original Soundtrack (Francisco Nogueiras)
- “Battle of Evermore“ (Led Zeppelin)
- “Ramble On” (Led Zeppelin)
- “Elven Oratory II: Maeglin’s Cry“ (Lind Erebros)
- “Noldolante” (Lind Erebros)
- Music Inspired by the Lord of the Rings (Mostly Autumn(
Remember, if you’ve got more to add, please let me know – and include a link with your suggestion!!! (otherwise it will not be added)
Likely of interest to my followers!
And mine, though they’re probably more or less the same people.
Tom Smith’s “Return of the King, Uh Huh,” with music video by members of the Carolina Otaku Uprising